About the Firm
Daphne, Alabama Business and Civil Litigation Attorneys Serve the Eastern Shore
Experienced lawyers provide trustworthy representation for businesses and individuals
If you are doing business here, in nearby Mobile, or anywhere on the Eastern Shore, O'Hara Watkins can provide the reliable counsel and legal representation you need to protect your rights and achieve your business goals. Known as “The Jubilee City” for the rare summertime phenomenon that brings an abundance of blue crabs, shrimp and fish into the shallow waters of its shoreline, Daphne, Alabama is also a city on the move. With 30 percent growth in the last decade, Daphne offers varied opportunities for businesses starting up or relocating. But with its small-town ambiance, Daphne ranks as one of the best places in the country to live and raise a family.
Litigation lawyers seek optimum results
At O'Hara Watkins, the mainstay of our practice is business, commercial, and civil litigation. Clients and colleagues alike recommend us for a variety of reasons but most notably because we are:
- Accomplished — Jason R. Watkins is AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® for his high ethical standards and professional ability, and Tom O’Hara is Distinguished SM Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® for his high professional achievement.
- Experienced — We have tried cases and argued appeals in the state and federal courts of Alabama and Mississippi. Our attorneys have more than 45 years of combined litigation experience.
- Skillful — Time and again, our skills have been tested in negotiations, mediation, arbitration, at trial and on appeals.
- Strategic - We provide industry experience and information to our clients by knowing the business landscape, not just the legal aspects, that affects the business.
- Client Focused - Client satisfaction is the driving goal at O'Hara Watkins. Our clients are our biggest asset and we are driven to obtain success for our clients on every matter, with everything we do.
Reliable business law advice saves your company time and resources
O'Hara Watkins provides relevant, reliable, and candid business law advice at every stage of your enterprise. Because preventative law is so important for startup companies, we help lay a solid foundation during business formation, including guidance on choice of entity, ownership agreements, corporate governance, financing, regulatory compliance, insurance, employment agreements and protocols, and land use and permitting. We help keep your business in compliance during operations and help you avoid business and commercial disputes through meticulous contract development and management. When it is time to sell or dissolve a business, we perform due diligence to help you realize the greatest value for your commercial assets.
Areas of Practice
Civil litigation attorneys deliver value for dispute resolution services
In our practice, our skilled litigation attorneys regularly assist with issues in these areas:
- Business — We handle all manner of conflicts affecting the ownership and operation of your business, including banking and finance disputes, business bankruptcy, partner and shareholder disputes, breaches of contracts, employment disputes, trade secret theft, regulatory compliance, and land use and zoning problems.
- Commercial — We manage disputes arising from the exchange of goods and services, including trademark and service mark infringements, Uniform Commercial Code disputes, and commercial real estate sale and lease agreements.
- Construction — Our attorneys represent landowners, developers, contractors, subcontractors, lenders, sureties, and material suppliers in disputes over construction contracts.
- Insurance coverage — We represent insurers and insureds in disputes over policy terms, including bad faith claims.
- Personal injury — Our trial lawyers represent plaintiffs, defendants, and insurance companies in personal injury lawsuits arising from auto accidents, premises liability and products liability claims.
When you are embroiled in business, commercial or civil litigation
, your strategy for resolving the problem must depend on a thorough cost-benefit analysis of your various options. Rights and principles must be weighed alongside cold calculations of economic realities. At O'Hara Watkins, we aggressively assert your rights and work to advance your goals, but we are also aware that litigation can drain company resources that would be better directed to other goals. You can trust us to provide a candid assessment of your case, based on the totality of facts, and to pursue a resolution that maximizes the value of the overall litigation.
Contact our civil litigation attorneys serving Daphne, AL, the Eastern Shore and Greater Mobile, AL area.
For skillful litigation by accomplished trial lawyers, trust O'Hara Watkins. To schedule a free consultation at our Daphne office, call us at [251-414-7772] or contact us online. We are located at 1307 Main Street in Daphne, just off U.S. 98.